Transition to Adulthood Conference – Asheville
October 5 @ 9 am - 4 pm
- What: 9th Annual Regional Transition to Adulthood Conference, Sponsored by the Family Support Network at Mission Children’s Hospital
- When: Saturday, October 5th, 2019 from 9am – 4pm. Check-in begins at 8am
- Where: Mission Health/A-B Tech Conference Center, 340 Victoria Road, Asheville, NC 28801
The vision of Mission Family Support Network for this conference is that all WNC youth and young adults with disabilities will successfully transition to the role of productive, participating adult citizens. Youth will be empowered to recognize their talents, strengths, and voice and have equal access to resources that promote full participation in the communities of their choice.
The primary purpose of this conference is to expand the capacity of schools, agencies and communities, in partnership with youth, young adults and families, in promoting the successful transition of youth/young adults with disabilities to post-school outcomes of employment, post-secondary education and training, community participation and healthy lifestyles. Participants will have the opportunity to learn about effective practices to assist youth/young adults with disabilities to explore possibilities, take advantage of their opportunities, and actively advocate for their future.
The conference will feature:
- Keynote and feature presentations
- Breakout sessions
- Sessions and activities designed for youth and young adults
- Family engaging sessions and networking opportunities
- Accommodations and Supports Expo, assistive technology exhibits, resource vendor displays
Registration is required, click here to register.
- Childcare will not be provided
- Conference is FREE
- Registration is Required
- Lunch will be provided