- This event has passed.
Operation Medicine Drop – Asheville
March 21 @ 10 am - 2 pm
Operation Medicine Drop is a partnership of the N.C. Department of Insurance and Safe Kids NC, N.C. Department of Justice — Attorney General’s Office, U.S. Department of Justice — Drug Enforcement Agency, N.C. Department of Public Safety — SBI, the Riverkeepers of N.C. and local law enforcement agencies. These agencies work together to provide assistance and support to our communities to aid in the proper disposal of prescription and over-the-counter medications.
Operation Medicine Drop reminds parents and caregivers to do the following:
- Keep medicines locked up and out of reach of children.
- Always read labels, follow directions and give medicines to children based on their weights and ages. Only use the dispensers packaged with children’s medications.
- Avoid taking medicine or vitamins in front of kids.
- Medicine should not be referred to as “candy.”
- If you suspect poisoning and a child is choking, collapses, can’t breathe or is having a seizure, call 911. Otherwise, take the product to the phone and call the national Poison Help hotline at 1-800-222-1222.