Eating healthy doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice flavor. Try these out with your friends and family this holiday season, and “Seasonings Greetings” to you and yours!
Roasted Curried Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into large florets, or 2 packages of frozen cauliflower florets
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Mix together the olive oil, cumin, curry powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the cauliflower and toss to coat evenly with the spices.
- Arrange cauliflower in a single layer on the rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast until cauliflower browns slightly and is tender when pierced with a fork. About 35 minutes.
Tip: The orange color comes from turmeric, which has anti-inflammatory properties.
Nutritional information per serving
- 44 calories
- 2 g total fat
- 8 mg sodium
- 6 g total carbohydrates
- 9 g total dietary fiber
- 3 g protein
Recipes by Mary Lindsey Jackson, RD, LDN, Clinical Nutritionist Educator for Mission Weight Management.
To learn more about Mission Weight Management, visit missionweight.org or call (828) 213-4100.
For additional holiday tips, recipes and more, visit mission-health.org/holidays.