Eating healthy doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice flavor. Share this tasty meal with your friends and family this holiday season, and “Seasonings Greetings” to you and yours!
Orange Rosemary Chicken
- 6 (4 oz each) skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cloves garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- 3 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, and lightly spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spray with nonstick cooking spray or lightly rub a small amount of oil on each piece of chicken; rub with garlic, and sprinkle with rosemary and pepper.
- Place the chicken pieces in the baking dish, and pour the orange juice over the chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 8-10 minutes, then flip using tongs and bake for another 8-10 minutes, or until juices run clear when pierced with a fork.*
- Baste the chicken with the orange juice from the pan as needed during cooking to keep it from drying out.
- Remove baked chicken breasts and loosely cover with foil.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Spoon orange juice from the pan over the top of the chicken and serve immediately.
*The best way to make sure the baked chicken breasts are done is to use an instant-read thermometer. It should read 165 degrees Fahrenheit when inserted into the thickest part.
Nutritional information per piece:
- 155 calories
- 8 g total fat
- 4 mg sodium
- 8 g carbohydrates
- 2 g protein
Recipes by Mary Lindsey Jackson, RD, LDN, Clinical Nutritionist Educator for Mission Weight Management.