Warm weather means fun and hanging out with friends. Check out this simple — and healthy — dish that’s great for any summer gathering.
Summer Breeze Smoothie
- 1 5.3 oz container fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- ½ cup frozen pineapple
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup spinach leaves (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Serve in a frosted glass.
Nutritional information – per serving
- 196 calories
- 2.9 g total fat
- 0 g saturated fat
- 0 mg cholesterol
- 242 mg sodium
- 2.5 g total fiber
- 16.6 g protein
- 24.9 g carbohydrates
- 374.1 mg potassium
Reviewed by Mary Lindsey Jackson, RD, LDN, Clinical Nutritionist Educator for Mission Weight Management. Recipe courtesy of the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute.
Mission Weight Management offers free surgical and medical weight-loss classes. For more information, visit missionweight.org.