Warm weather means fun and hanging out with friends. Check out this simple — and healthy — dish that’s great for any summer gathering.
Savory Potato Salad
- 6 medium potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, hard boiled, chopped
- 6 Tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp dill weed, dried
- Wash potatoes, cut in half and place in saucepan of cold water.
- Cook covered over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and dice potatoes when cool.
- Add vegetables and egg to potatoes and toss.
- Blend together light mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper and dill weed.
- Pour dressing over potato mixture and stir gently to coat evenly.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutritional information – per serving
- 98 calories
- 2 g total fat
- 0 g saturated fat
- 21 mg cholesterol
- 212 mg sodium
- 2 g total fiber
- 2 g protein
- 18 g carbohydrates
- 291 mg potassium
Serves 10 (serving size: ½ cup)
Recipes are created and approved by Mary Lindsey Jackson, RN, LDN, Clinical Nutritionist Educator for Mission Weight Management.