By Elizabeth Holmes
Registered Dietician and Clinical Nutritionist Educator, Mission Weight Management
Because March is National Nutrition Month, Mission Health is bringing you a new healthy and delicious recipe each week. This week’s tasty dinner that you can feel good about is Smoked Tofu Frittata.
Ingredients – Makes Eight Servings
- 5 tablespoons skim milk
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 4 eggs or 1/2 cup egg beaters and 2 eggs
- 175g/6oz frozen spinach, defrosted
- 175g/6oz smoked tofu, diced
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 75g/3oz grated parmesan or other hard vegetarian cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Roll out your pastry or crust and use it to line a loose bottomed 9-inch round tin or pan. Prick with a fork and bake the case for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix up the filling in a bowl. Blend together the milk, cream and spinach using a food processor or hand blender to mix well.
- Stir in the tofu, tomatoes and parmesan.
- Pour the filling into the pastry case and bake for 20-30 minutes until set.
- Make sure you let the quiche sit for at least 10 minutes before cutting to avoid breaking.
Nutritional Information (per Serving)
130 Calories, 6g Fat, 6g Carbs, 12g Protein, 308mg Sodium
Click here for more recipes from the Mission Health Blog.