- This event has passed.
Spirit of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Awards Ceremony – Live on Facebook Thursday, January 17
January 17 @ 12 pm - 1:30 pm
Join us on Thursday, Jan. 17, to celebrate diversity and inclusion in healthcare as we honor the nominees and recipients of the 2019 Spirit of Martin Luther King, Jr. Award, and hear words and song of inspiration from our keynote speaker and musical guest.
The annual awards ceremony includes a recognized keynote speaker, musical performances from local artists and an awards program. This year’s keynote speaker is Dr. Scharmaine Lawson – a nationally recognized and award-winning nurse practitioner in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Doors open at 11:30 am for conversation and refreshments. The ceremony will start at noon and end at 1:30 pm. The ceremony will be held at the Mission Health A-B Tech Conference Center (Victoria Rd., A-B Tech Asheville Campus). Parking will be available for visitors. Light bites and refreshments will be served – no RSVP required.
This year’s musical performances will be by Stephen Blount, the director of the Mars Hill Gospel Choir, and Leslie Lake.
The Spirit of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Awards honors Mission Health team members who have been nominated by their peers or leaders for their ability to overcome barriers that separate human beings and who see diversity as an opportunity rather than an obstacle to impact change. The award celebrates diversity in healthcare and the people who carry on the spirit, leadership and vision of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and influence unity, equality, equity and justice in both the workplace and their communities.
At Mission Health, we welcome, even encourage, you to engage in open dialogue on our social media platforms. We look forward to engaging with your comments about your experiences.
Facebook LIVE is a real-time broadcast from Mission Health. By participating in this simulcast, you are acknowledging your understanding of the following:
- Content shared should not be considered personal medical advice and does not replace consultation with your healthcare provider.
- As this is a public platform, the information you share can be viewed by other users.
- Do not assume your online postings will remain private.
- Exercise extreme caution when sharing medical information about yourself or others. Please refrain from disclosing personal identifiable information, including your location, diagnosis, financial information and/or any other private information.
- By participating in Mission Health-sponsored social media, you are granting Mission Health the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works from and otherwise use your submission for any purpose in any form and on any media.