Thinking of taking your career in a new direction?
If you’ve considered becoming a CNA, that goal may be a bit more in your reach, thanks to a competitive scholarship program Mission Health’s Career Exploration Center is offering once again, in conjunction with A-B Tech.
The Mission Grows CNA-I Scholarship will cover full costs for the CNA-I certification program at A-B Tech. Award recipients will be able to select the CNA program schedule (see below) that best fits their individual needs, with classes held at the nearby A-B Tech campus on Victoria Road and on the Mission Hospital campus.
Students’ clinical rotations will be offered at Mission Health, and upon successful completion they will be fast-tracked for roles within the system. And if continued career growth is a goal, additional educational support may be available.
The Mission Grows CNA-I Scholarship is open to current Mission Health staff and their dependents; to participants in our School At Work, Mission Possible or Students@Work programs; and to area high school students and community members.
Scholarship recipients must meet A-B Tech CNA-I program admission requirements, which include a high school diploma, GED or demonstrated ninth-grade reading level. Students also must have a TB skin test, background check and drug screen – all of which will be covered as part of the scholarship.
The scholarship will cover the full costs of the A-B Tech program, including tuition, books, uniform, background checks, drug screens, certification exam, shoes and watch.
In addition, scholarship recipients will receive complimentary services through Mission’s Career Exploration Center. This includes one-on-one career coaching, resume and interviewing assistance, and other resources upon request. Those applicants who are not selected for the Mission Grows CNA-I scholarship will be referred to resources to assist in their career development, such as GED courses, School At Work and literacy resources, as needed.
- Scholarship applications are due by Wednesday, October 31, 2018, to Mission Health’s Career Exploration Center.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified by May 4.
- Recipients will need to enroll in one of the following courses at A-B Tech, with clinical experience at Mission Health:
- NUR-3240-484HC on 10/23-12/7 at A-B Tech Asheville Campus, Speer
- NUR-3240-486HC on 1/7/19 – 2/28/19 at A-B Tech Asheville Campus, Speer
- NUR-3240-488HC on 3/4/19 – 4/25/19 at A-B Tech Asheville Campus, Speer
- NUR-3240-490HC on 5/15/19 – 6/25/19 at A-B Tech Asheville Campus, Speer
- NUR-3240-703HC on 11/12 – 3/27/19 at Mission – St. Joe’s campus, Evening class, West
- NUR-3240-611HC on 10/22 – 12/18/18 at Mission – St. Joe’s campus, Arey
- NUR-3240-612HC on 1/7/19 – 3/6/19 at Mission – St. Joe’s campus, Arey
- NUR-3240-613HC on 3/18/19 – 5/14/18 at Mission – St. Joe’s campus, Arey
Scholarship recipients will need to register as soon as possible to make sure to get the class schedule that works best for them.