- Jill Hoggard Green, PhD, RN, Chief Operating Officer, Mission Health System
- William R. Hathaway, MD, SVP, Chief Medical Officer, Mission Health System
- Karen Olsen, MBA, BSN, VP, Chief Nurse Executive, Mission Hospital
- John R. Ball, MD, JD, Chair, Mission Health System Board of Directors
- Janice Brumit, Chair, Dogwood Health Trust Board of Directors
Our hosts visited St. David’s Medical Center, a hospital system in Austin, TX, that joined HCA in the 1990s, to see firsthand how HCA delivers clinical care and the transformational work its foundation is doing to improve the health and wellness of the people in its community.
Highlights and key messages of the Facebook Live:
- Why are we exploring a future with HCA Healthcare? John Ball explains that we want to continue providing the level of quality, affordable, accessible and reliable healthcare that our neighbors, friends, family and loved ones have come to expect and know of Mission Health. Why did we choose to visit St. David’s Medical Center? By traveling to other hospitals who have experienced this process with HCA, we can better understand the culture and the HCA relationship. St. David’s Medical Center joined HCA Healthcare in the 1990s and has a similar healthcare landscape. Like Mission, they have a unique patient population and high population of Medicare, Medicaid and uninsured patients. The impact of HCA’s foundation in that community has significantly impacted the health and wellness of those in need.
- What did we learn at St. David’s Medical Center? Jill Hoggard Green and Karen Olsen share stories and learnings from their visit. They explain many of the similarities and familiarities in the delivery and quality of compassionate care, plus, they were especially intrigued by some innovations in technology the hospital is using in patient care. Jill and Karen truly felt HCA’s focus on quality of care, and the warmth of the team members and inviting culture.
- What will the HCA successor foundation look like here? Janice Brumit discusses the mission, goals and logistics of Dogwood Health Trust  in serving our 18 counties in western North Carolina in the future.
Our panelists, hosted by William Hathaway, MD, Mission Health’s chief medical officer, also answered incoming questions from viewers and community members during the Facebook Live.
Watch the Facebook Live