The heat of summertime sometimes calls for something cool and refreshing. This fresh and tasty dish is exactly that, plus fresh and healthy to boot! Give this fun recipe a go, and share with those you love at your next gathering of friends and family.
Watermelon Feta Salad
- 2 cups diced seedless watermelon
- 3 oz crumbled low-fat feta
- 4 cups baby spinach or arugula
- ¼ small red onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¹/8 tsp salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- garnish with fresh mint (optional)
- Combine watermelon, feta, red onion and arugula on plate.
- Whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper until emulsified.
- Drizzle dressing over salad.
Nutritional information – per serving
- 132 calories
- 9 g fat
- 346 mg sodium
- 5 g carbohydrates
- 2 g protein
Recipes courtesy National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute.