At Mission Health, our patients are – and will always be – our No. 1 priority. Despite being out of network with Blue Cross, it is important to know that emergency care is ALWAYS in network.
No matter what, Blue Cross patients always have in-network access to emergency care at any hospital. This includes all six of Mission Health’s emergency departments:
- Angel Medical Center in Franklin, N.C.
- Blue Ridge Regional Hospital in Spruce Pine, N.C.
- Highlands-Cashiers Hospital in Highlands, N.C.
- McDowell Hospital in Marion, N.C.
- Mission Hospital in Asheville, N.C.
- Transylvania Regional Hospital in Brevard, N.C.
Remember, our patients will ALWAYS have access to our emergency rooms regardless of network status with Blue Cross.
- If you or a loved one experience a medical emergency, always visit the nearest emergency room or call 911.
- After you are stabilized in the emergency department, if needed, your initial hospital admission is also covered as in network. Once your condition is stabilized, however, you will have a choice to either continue care with one of our hospitals or be transferred to a facility that is in network with your health plan.
Just last year, nearly 140,000 of our friends and neighbors looked to emergency rooms at six Mission Health hospitals for lifesaving care. Across western North Carolina, Mountain Area Medical Airlift (better known as MAMA) served more than 1,000 of those patients, flying them to Mission Hospital, the only trauma center west of Charlotte. It’s important that you and your family know your access to these crucial emergency care services is not impacted by Blue Cross NC.
Still have questions?
We can help. Our community information line will return your call and answer your questions. Call (828) 412-6052.
More than 1 million western North Carolina residents are counting on Mission Health to deliver the same high quality and accessible care we’ve delivered for more than 125 years. Our patients are our No. 1 priority, and we’re fighting for our patients to ensure we can continue to deliver on those same expectations.
The Care You Need. No Matter What.
Learn more at missionstandswithyou.org.