The storms might have passed, but daily emergency assistance in hurricane-affected communities is still greatly needed.
Mission Health is joining with MANNA FoodBank, Buncombe County Schools, Buncombe County Sheriff’s Department and Smart Insurance Agency to host a disaster relief drive the week of October 2-15 to help support communities affected by recent hurricane activity.
The focus of this drive is to support communities recovering from the aftermath of recent hurricanes. Personal care items and shelf-stable convenience foods are a necessity for those still displaced from their homes and living in temporary shelters, or that don’t have the resources to access the immediate care items they need.
The drive will focus on collecting donations of the following five most needed items:
- Handheld, shelf-stable snacks (snack bars, nuts, chips, crackers, etc.)
- Pop top entrée foods (ravioli, tuna, spaghetti)
Mission will have collection barrels at the following Asheville locations:
- 1 Hospital Drive (1st floor near entrance)
- 400 Ridgefield (lobby)
- 980 Hendersonville Rd (1st floor near the elevator)
- Biltmore Park (old Volvo building near break area, 1st floor)
- CarePartners Rehab Hospital (68 Sweeten Creek Rd)
- Heart Tower Lobby (left of the main entrance)
- Memorial Lobby (near ATM)
- SECU Cancer Center (lobby near elevators)
- St. Joseph Lobby (near piano)
- Asheville Cardiology Associates (5 Vanderbilt Park)
In addition, MANNA FoodBank will have a truck available for public donations, located at:
Smart Insurance Agency
499 New Leicester Highway
Asheville, NC 28806
Donations accepted daily from 7 am – 7 pm
Thank you for considering donations to this effort!