Despite repeated attempts over the past eight months by Mission Health to bring Blue Cross NC to the table for the benefit of our neighbors in western North Carolina, Blue Cross has refused to talk. Now, with less than a week until October 5, there is still no sign that Blue Cross NC is willing to compromise.
Unfortunately, it’s becoming clear the insurance company intends to push Mission Health and your beloved providers out of network as soon as Thursday, October 5. However, Mission Health stands with you no matter what, because our patients are – and will always be – our No. 1 priority. We are committed to keeping you updated on the contract issue with Blue Cross NC. We want to make sure you have the resources and tools you need to understand this complicated issue.
This week, we urged you to know and share with family, friends and neighbors:
- Mission Health has made three offers of compromise to Blue Cross since we told them that we would not take their “forever zero” contract.
- Blue Cross NC could accept the fair and reasonable offer that Mission Health made back in June.
- Mission Health could accept Blue Cross’ demands for a “one year, zero rate increase pause” as part of a long-term contract that also ensures Mission’s long-term stability. This would be contingent upon Blue Cross NC having an “increase pause” for you, its customers.
- Most practically, Blue Cross NC and Mission Health could ignore the past, start anew and negotiate an agreement that ensures high quality, affordable and effective care for the 1 million people who count on us.
We also encouraged you to:
- Use this checklist to prepare for your care before and after October 5.
- Our patients shouldn’t be forced to navigate changes in Blue Cross NC’s provider network on their own. That’s why we’re providing you with the information you need to ensure you are prepared to make the best decisions for you and your family.
- The Healthcare Plan Checklist gives you the information you need to continue getting care when and where you need it, even if Blue Cross NC is out of network. Using this checklist will help walk you through the right steps and information to ensure you know and understand your options for keeping your care and your doctor with Mission Health.
- You can easily print this document or share it with your friends and family by sending them to mission-health.org/checklist.
Still have questions?
We can help. Our community information line will return your call and answer your questions. Call (828) 412-6052.
More than 1 million western North Carolina residents are counting on Mission Health to deliver the same high quality and accessible care we’ve delivered for more than 125 years. Our patients are our No. 1 priority, and we’re fighting for our patients to ensure we can continue to deliver on those same expectations.
Mission Health Stands with You. No Matter What.
Learn more at missionstandswithyou.org.