On Monday, Blue Cross NC heard the collective plea of more than 900 western North Carolinians to come back to the negotiating table for the health and wellness of our beloved region. While the united voice reached half a million people, Blue Cross NC continued to ignore the people of WNC. But Mission Health is continuing to stand with you, our patients, and will ensure you receive the care you need regardless of your insurance or ability to pay.
Mission Health is committed to keeping you updated on the contract issue with Blue Cross NC. We want to make sure you have the resources and tools you need to understand this complicated issue.
This week, we urged you to know and share with family, friends and neighbors:
- You may qualify for Continuity of Care.
- This process allows current patients with Blue Cross insurance to continue receiving care from an out-of-network provider for ongoing special conditions.
- Patients eligible are those whose primary care physician or specialist will be out of network with Blue Cross and are currently being treated for an ongoing special condition that meets Blue Cross’s Continuity of Care criteria.
- Free assistance is available for Continuity of Care.
- If you have questions about continuing your current care plan, call (828) 412-6363 Monday through Friday from 8 am to 8 pm or meet with us at Mission Health’s SECU Cancer Center, room 115, Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm.
We also encouraged you to:
- Learn your options for your care and to keep your doctor. If Blue Cross NC continues to refuse to meet us at the negotiating table, and October 5 arrives with no agreement, it’s important to know that you still have options to keep the care you prefer with Mission Health.
- Emergency care is always in network.
- Some patients will be eligible for Continuity of Care, including women in their second or third trimester of pregnancy.
- Outpatient rehabilitation remains in network through at least March 2018.
- There are some specialties for which Mission is the sole provider of care within our region and those are required by law to be covered in network.
- Understand your financial impact. Health insurance is complicated, and how you’re impacted financially if an agreement isn’t reached will vary based on your plan. Here are some things to keep in mind to be sure you’re prepared for the financial implications specific to your health insurance plan.
- Mission Health will offer discounts and payment plans.
- We’ll continue to provide care regardless of patients’ insurance or ability to pay.
- You always can access Mission Health’s providers and facilities – you may pay more should they force Mission out of network.
Please remember, your Blue Cross NC coverage remains the same through at least October 5, 2017.
Still have questions? We can help. Our community information line will return your call and answer your questions. Call (828) 417-0480 or visit missionstandswithyou.org.