After more than eight months of attempting to reach an agreement that ensures continued access to high quality care for western North Carolina, Blue Cross NC is forcing Mission Health and our patients’ beloved doctors out of network. We feel our patients and communities should expect more from their health plan. That’s why we’re continuing to work toward bringing Blue Cross NC back to the table to negotiate for our communities’ continued access to high quality care.
You need to know:
You have options to keep your doctor. While your Blue Cross NC coverage remains the same through at least October 5, there are options to keep your beloved doctor and care with Mission Health:
- You can always choose Mission Health, our providers and facilities for your care. Your individual health plan coverage may change after October 5. Unfortunately, out-of-network rates are controlled by Blue Cross, not by Mission Health and may vary dependent upon your coverage.
- There are numerous services for which Mission Health is the exclusive provider within our region and those are required by state law to be covered in network.
- Patients in their second or third trimester of pregnancy may be able to keep their care for a limited time as part of the Continuity of Care transitional period.
- If you are part of an employer-sponsored health plan, ask your employer to “tell Blue Cross NC, ‘Keep my Mission doctor in network.’”
- If you are an employer and sponsor a health plan, there are many other options. Mission Health will be in network with nearly 20 other plans. Click here to see the full list.
- Patients undergoing a course of treatment may also be eligible to receive care for a limited time as part of Continuity of Care.
Have questions about continuing your current care plan?
We can help! Call (828) 412-6363 Monday through Friday from 8 am to 8 pm or meet with us at the Mission Health Cancer Center, room 115, Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm.
What can I do to help?
If you are insured by Blue Cross, know that Mission Stands with You.
Although they’ve not responded to our multiple requests to come back to the negotiating table, we are hopeful Blue Cross NC will respond to our collective voices on September 18 – here’s your opportunity to be heard and tell Blue Cross, you won’t let them take away your doctor. Sign up now to be heard.