At Mission Health, our No. 1 priority is you, our patients. Mission stands with you.
Isn’t keeping your doctor worth just three pennies on the dollar of Blue Cross NC’s $500 million profit?
What Mission Is Doing to Stand with You:
We’re continuing our commitment to keeping you updated on the contract issue with Blue Cross NC.
Here’s what you need to know about what Mission Health is doing for you, our patients:
- We’ll continue to provide care to all patients, regardless of their insurance or ability to pay.
- We’ve reached in-network agreements with nearly 20 other insurers. At this time, Blue Cross NC is the only insurer who is refusing to partner with us to improve the health of our patients and communities.
- We continue to do everything we can to ensure there is no interruption to patient care, including moving up surgery dates and appointments prior to Oct. 5.
- We’ve worked with our doctors, nurses and other team members to help Blue Cross NC patients be seen before Oct. 5.
- Beginning this week, we’ll have our case workers available in person to answer questions specific to your health coverage and care at the SECU Cancer Center via phone at (828) 213-1500 and locations throughout the region (to be announced soon).
- As promised, we’ll be following up with additional details to assist our Blue Cross NC patients with financial planning, including prompt payment discounts and options.
Still Confused? We Can Help.
Please help us spread the word about what you need to know to ensure Blue Cross NC doesn’t take away your doctor. Below are three opportunities to understand what is happening:
- Watch/Share Mission Health’s CEO Dr. Ronald Paulus Live on Facebook Sept. 7 at 6 pm: We’ll take your questions and update you on what to know and do in the coming weeks.
- Meet 1:1 with a case worker: Our case workers will be assisting patients who qualify for continuity of care understand how to keep their health plan coverage after Oct. 5. Meet one-on-one with a dedicated team member at Mission’s SECU Cancer Center Monday through Friday from 8 am until 5 pm or via phone (828) 213-1500.
- Call the Mission Health Community Information Line (828) 417-0480: Within 1 business day, someone from our team will call you back to answer your questions.
Get More Information! Read Related Posts Regarding Blue Cross NC.
- What You Need to Know about Blue Cross NC – Emergency Care Is Always In Network
- What You Need to Know about Blue Cross NC – Nothing Changes until at Least October 5
- What You Need to Do about Blue Cross NC – Speak Up to Keep Your Doctor