By backing away from the table and refusing to negotiate, Blue Cross NC is signaling they’re okay with letting our contract end and forcing members like you to pay more out-of-pocket costs for care. We expect better for our patients and feel you should expect more from Blue Cross NC. At Mission Health, our No. 1 priority continues to be you, our patients.
Mission Health stands with you.
We are committed to keeping you updated on the contract issue with Blue Cross NC. Just as we noted Tuesday, each week, we’ll be sharing what you need to know and what you need to do to ensure that Blue Cross NC doesn’t take your doctor away.
What you need to do:
Find out if you are directly impacted by calling Blue Cross NC.
Not all health insurance plans are affected – not all Blue Cross plans are affected. So how can you know whether your plan may be impacted? Find out if you are directly impacted by calling the number on the back of your insurance card. Your insurer can help you understand your unique situation.
- Blue Cross NC Medicare Supplemental plans, also known as MediGap health plans, are not impacted. Even if we are out-of-network with Blue Cross NC, you will still have in-network access to all Mission Health providers if you are covered by Blue Cross NC’s Medicare supplemental
- In some cases, out-of-state and federal Blue Cross coverage are part of the Blue Cross NC agreement. Patients who have other Blue Cross coverage should understand how their costs may change if our contractual relationship ends.
- Individuals who purchased health plans on the Health Insurance Exchange from Blue Cross NC are unfortunately still impacted. Despite our offer to accept a forever 0 percent increase for many of those with no other choice, Blue Cross NC turned its back on 50,000 western North Carolinians. We truly regret Blue Cross NC’s actions.
- Emergency care is not impacted by the contract negotiations. Regardless of which insurer you have, your care will continue to be in network.
We are attempting to negotiate with Blue Cross NC to renew our commercial and Medicare Advantage contracts. This includes employer-sponsored health plans, including the State Employees’ Health Plan and health plans purchased on the Health Insurance Exchange.
We encourage you to be empowered and educated about your health insurance plan.
- Find out if you are directly impacted by calling the number on the back of your insurance card. Your insurer can help you understand your unique situation.
- Call Blue Cross NC at 1 (800) 446-8053 and ask them to return to the negotiating table for the people of western North Carolina.
If you have Blue Cross NC, Mission continues to stand with you.