More than 1 million WNC residents are counting on Mission Health to deliver the same high quality and accessible care we’ve delivered for more than 125 years. Our patients are our No. 1 priority, and we’re fighting for our patients to ensure we can continue to deliver on those same expectations.
Mission Health stands with you.
We’re committed to keeping you updated on the contract issue with Blue Cross NC. Each week, we’ll be sharing what you need to know and what you need to do to ensure that Blue Cross NC doesn’t take your doctor away.
You need to know:
Your coverage remains the same through at least October 5, 2017.
If Blue Cross NC continues to refuse to engage with us, our contracts will end at midnight on October 4, 2017. If this happens, our hospitals, associated facilities and physicians will be out of network for all Blue Cross NC members beginning October 5, 2017.
However, until that time:
- There are no immediate changes for Blue Cross members.
- Patients can continue to receive care at our facilities and with our physicians without interruption.
- Emergency care is not affected.
Blue Cross members’ in-network access will only change if we are unable to reach a new agreement prior to October 5:
- If this happens, Mission Health will be removed from Blue Cross’ provider network. Its members will still have access to Mission’s physicians, hospitals and other providers, but under different payment terms.
- It’s important to know that Blue Cross Medicare supplemental health plans are NOT impacted. Even if we are out of network with Blue Cross, you will still have in-network access to Mission providers.
Blue Cross NC has unfortunately already removed all Mission Health providers from its online directory, with the exclusion of Medicare Advantage. This senseless action has created unnecessary confusion for Blue Cross NC members.
Nothing changes for Blue Cross NC plan holders until at least October 5, 2017.
Most Mission Health providers are in-network with Blue Cross NC until midnight on October 4, 2017. We strongly recommend that our patients with Blue Cross NC do NOT cancel their appointments or procedures if they’re occurring on or before October 4, 2017.
We currently accept Blue Cross NC, and will continue to do so until at least October 5. Our goal is to continue our relationship with Blue Cross NC. However, if we cannot work something out with Blue Cross NC, we will work with patients so that you can continue to receive care from Mission Health.
If you have additional questions for us, please call the Mission Health community information line at (828) 417-0480. Within 1 business day, someone from our team will call you back to answer your questions.