Mission Health is committed to keeping you updated on the contract issue with Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBSNC). We want to make sure you have the resources and tools you need to understand this complicated issue.
Here are some ways you can educate yourself, stay informed with the latest updates, and help your friends, family and neighbors understand this critical issue:
- Check out our Facebook Live from the evening of Wednesday, August 16, when Ronald A. Paulus, MD, President and CEO, took questions from the community in an online format about our negotiations with BCBSNC.
- Sign-up at standwithmission.org to get regular updates and the latest on the BCBSNC issue (scroll to the bottom of the homepage to the “Keep Me Updated” box to sign up).
- Share these key messages in your conversations with your community:
- When asked why Mission Health isn’t “fighting back” against the expensive advertising attacking us, the answer is simple: Our priority is the health and wellness of our patients. It would be wrong to take money from patient care and spend it on an expensive TV, radio and social media campaign.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield may choose to spend our patients’ hard-earned money on an expensive advertising campaign instead of on patient care or an agreement that benefits the health of our community, but we won’t make that choice.
- We will continue to focus on our patients and our community.
- We can’t “negotiate alone,” but we can stand ready for the time – if ever – that Blue Cross will agree to speak with us about a contract.
- Encourage your community contacts to visit and register at standwithmission.org or to call our community information line at (828) 417-0480 to get answers to their questions or learn more about continuity of care.
Thank you in advance for signing up to learn more and for advocating for western North Carolina’s continued access to high quality healthcare.