Aquatic physical therapy has many benefits, and can be useful treatment for many conditions. It works specific muscle groups and joints, and makes movement easier and less painful.
Some of the benefits of aquatic physical therapy include:
- Reducing pain
- Reducing swelling
- Increasing joint range of motion
- Increasing strength
- Increasing relaxation
- Increasing flexibility
- Increasing balance/coordination
- Improving breathing capacity
- Early mobilization during the healing process
Reviewed by Ellen Hoechstetter, PT, OCS, GCS, Board Certified Specialist in Orthopedic Physical Therapy and Board Certified Specialist in Geriatric Physical Therapy at CarePartners Outpatient Rehabilitation Services.
CarePartners Aquatic Physical Therapy has three convenient locations:
- Main CarePartners Campus – 68 Sweeten Creek Rd., Asheville
- South Clinic – Reuter YMCA, 3 Town Square Blvd., Asheville
- West Clinic – Pisgah Valley Retirement Center for Aquatics, 95 Holcombe Cove Rd., Candler