By now you’ve heard that Mission Health has been recognized as one of the nation’s Top 15 Health Systems by Truven Health Analytics for a remarkable fifth time in the past six years. Great news for Mission Health, right? Right – but also for you.
“So what? What does that mean for me?”
Well, at a Top 15 Health System, you can expect better outcomes, shorter stays and not just less potential for, but actually fewer complications.
Here are the top five ways a Truven Top 15 Health System stands above other providers and health systems locally, regionally and nationally:
- Higher Survival Rates – The 15 Top Health System winners had 13.4 percent fewer in-hospital deaths.
- Shorter Wait Times in Emergency Departments – Patients at the 15 Top Health System winners had 17.5 percent shorter wait times in the emergency department.
- Fewer Complications – Patients treated at winning systems had 8.5 percent fewer complications.
- Shorter Length of Stay – The average patient length of stay at winning health systems was 10.2 percent shorter.
- Fewer Readmissions – Patients seen by winning systems were also healthier after discharge, with both higher 30-day survival rates and lower 30-day readmission rates. In fact, patients seen at Mission Health had the lowest likelihood of needing to be readmitted to the hospital after discharge than patients from any of the Top 15 Health Systems.
To learn more about the Truven Top 15 Health Systems, click here.