Eating heart healthy can be a huge factor in reducing your risk of heart disease. There are lots of accessible ingredients in the super market that can support a heart healthy diet. But sometimes the how to use them can be a bit overwhelming.
Tim Boissy, chef and owner of Nectar Café in Asheville, brings his deep knowledge of everything vegan to serve up a wide variety of healthy takes on comfort-food classics like this heart-healthy and delicious raw marinara.
Raw Marinara Sauce
- Fresh, ripe tomatoes – 3 each, quartered
- Sun dried tomatoes (not packed in oil) – 2oz.
- Dried basil – 1 tbs.
- Dried oregano – 1 tbs.
- Balsamic vinegar – 1 tbs.
- Raw agave nectar – 2 tsp.
- Fresh garlic – 2 cloves
- Olive oil – ¼ cup (you can cut the oil back as desired to reduce the fat content)
- Sea salt – ½ tbs. or to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth
- Use on pasta, raw zucchini spirals or as pizza sauce
2 cups (2 servings, serving size = 1 cup)
Watch Chef Boissy prepare this dish.